In September 2020, Travis Scott and McDonald's would collaborate to create the "Travis Scott Meal." The $6 combo meal would feature a Quarter Pounder with cheese, bacon, lettuce, pickles ketchup and mustard served with a side of french fries, barbecue sauce and a large Sprite.
While this collaboration came to an unfortunate end, we took it upon ourselves to recreate the Travis Scott burger so we could all taste a little bit of what we've lost.
Was it All Hype?
I don't think anyone can deny that "hype" was a large component of what made this collaboration so successful.
Prior to the Travis Scott meal's creation, you could easily ask a McDonald's cashier for everything in the meal and they would put it together for you without hesitation.
"Yes, give me a quarter pounder with bacon and lettuce. You know what, let's make it a meal. Give me a large sprite and fry. Do you guys have any barbecue sauce? Awesome, put that on the side"
The only real difference being that the Travis Scott meal came at a convenient discount.
Hype or not, we believe there was some merit to the organization of this meal.
-Adding lettuce to the quarter pounder gave it some much needed texture.
-Bacon is rarely a bad idea on a burger.
-Sprite is the 6th most popular soft drink in the US
-BBQ sauce adds a sweet tang to balance the salt of the french fries.
It wasn't rocket science but we've got to hand it to em, we loved it.
Travis Scott Burger Copycat Recipe
- 1/4 Pound ground beef
- 1 Sesame seed burger bun
- 1 Dill pickle sliced
- 1 White onion
- 2 Slices bacon
- 8 Cheddar slices
- Romaine lettuce (washed)
Step 1: Fry the bacon in a frying pan for 2 mins each side or until golden and crisp (we recommend medium heat).
Step 2: Form ¼ lb patties (most ground beef comes in 1 pound packages, so just cut it into quarters)
Step 3: Fry the patty on both sides and season with salt and pepper (only season after the side is cooked).
Step 4: During the last minute of cooking, top your burger patty with 1 slice of cheddar cheese
Step 6: Fry your sesame seed buns in the pan over medium heat.
Step 5: Top the base bun (lower bun) with a slice cheddar. Let heat for 1-2 minutes (or until cheese has melted)
Step 6: Squirt your desired amount of ketchup and mustard on the bottom of the top bun.
Step 7: Assemble the burger in following order...
First, the bottom bun topped with cheese
Then the 1/4 pound burger with melted cheese
Then the two slices of bacon
Then the pickles
Then the onion
Then the lettuce
Then the toasted top bun
And there you have it! A quarter pounder with a little twist. Let us know how it went. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a note below.
Travis Scott Burger Copycat Recipe
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 sesame seed burger buns
- 1 Dill pickle (sliced) to make 3-4 circular slices
- 1 White onion to make 2-3 onion rings
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 2 Slices cheddar slices
- Romaine lettuce washed
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan for 2 mins each side or until golden and crisp (we recommend medium heat).
- Form ¼ lb patties (most ground beef comes in a 1 lb package, so just cut it into quarters)
- Fry the patty on both sides and season with salt and pepper (do not season before cooking).
- During the last minute of cooking, top your burger patty with 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- Fry your sesame seed buns in the pan over medium heat.
- Top the bun base (lower bun) with cheddar and let heat for 1-2 minutes (or until cheese has melted slightly)
- Add ketchup and mustard under the top bun
- Assemble the burger in the following order: bun base with cheddar, patty with cheddar, 2 fried bacon slices, sliced pickles, 2 onion rings, lettuce and finally the top with ketchup and mustard.