The incredible stuffed chicken from Ruth Chris has received rave reviews, and this recipe was developed to perfectly recreate those flavors from your own kitchen.
Tender chicken is stuffed with scrumptious garlic-herb cheese and baked to perfection.
Gooey cheese and intense garlic flavors will make this your new go-to chicken recipe.
It’s easy enough for a weeknight meal, and impressive enough for an elegant meal for date night or having company.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 package cream cheese, 180g, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 Tsp Garlic powder to taste
- 1 Tsp Onion powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste (for color)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the ranch packet in a bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cheese, and stir with a spatula until well mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts lengthwise as evenly as possible. Do not cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix the remaining seasonings together, and sprinkle the mixture over the chicken breasts evenly. Rub in and flip the chicken breasts over, coating evenly with spices all around.
- Place the chicken breasts on a parchment paper-lined pan or dish. Add a pat of butter (approximately 1 ½ T. each) to each chicken breast.
- Place the dish or pan in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks for Success:
To perfectly butterfly chicken, try to cut as evenly as possible, opening the chicken as you cut. Make small slices at a time so as not to cut the chicken too much. You will want to leave one side connected so that the filling can stay in place.
For crispier chicken, you can leave the baking dish in the oven for an extra three or four minutes until the chicken has the desired crust.
To save time in the future, create a jar of the seasoning for the outside of the chicken! Mix together the desired ratio of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika, and store the extra seasoning in a small jar. This seasoning goes great on so many dishes, such as chicken, fish, burgers, or even potatoes.
Make this dish your own by choosing different shredded cheese. Try swiss cheese for more tangy flavors, gouda for a richer flavor, or smoked cheese for a deep smoky flavor when grilling isn’t an option. Take the chicken to a spicy new direction with pepper-infused cheese, such as habanero pepper jack.
Try grilling the chicken! Wrap each chicken breast in a foil “pouch,” and place on a medium-hot grill. The chicken will take on smoky flavors, but the foil will help keep the filling in place. Flip the pouch over halfway through grilling.
Soy sauce can be used in place of Worcestershire sauce if desired, but keep in mind that soy sauce is much saltier and you may need to reduce the salt in the recipe or use 1 T. of soy sauce versus 2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
Serve with a fresh arugula salad to counterbalance the richness of the garlic cheese filling.
Arugula adds a peppery bite to salads that is incredibly refreshing! A balsamic vinaigrette will complement the rich flavors as well.
Oven-roasted golden potatoes are an excellent side dish to pair with this Ruth Chris chicken.
Cut the small potatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, and season with more of the garlic, onion, and paprika mixture you used to season the chicken.
Roast in the oven at 450 degrees F (the same temperature as the chicken) on a sheet pan, tossing halfway through.
Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Breast CopyCat
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Parchment Paper or foil
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 2 Chicken Breasts Quality matters 🙂
- 1 Package Cream Cheese (softened) 180 grams
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (sharp)
- 1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).2) Mix the softened cream cheese with the ranch packet in a bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cheese, and stir with a spatula until well mixed.3) Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts lengthwise as evenly as possible. Do not cut all the way through.4) Stuff each chicken breast with half of the cream cheese mixture.Mix the remaining seasonings together, and sprinkle the mixture over the chicken breasts evenly. 5) Rub in and flip the chicken breasts over, coating evenly with spices all around.6) Place the chicken breasts on a parchment paper-lined pan or dish. Add a pat of butter (approximately 1 ½ T. each) to each chicken breast.7) Place the dish or pan in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.8) Serve hot 🙂
Whether you’re cooking this Ruth Chris stuffed chicken for a weeknight meal or for your next dinner party, it is sure to impress. When paired with a bright salad and crispy roasted potatoes, it becomes a delectable meal. Pair with your favorite white wine to elevate the dish even further!