It's no secret that Chick-fil-A is one of America's most popular fast-food chains. Even those who don't frequently eat fast food find themselves making an exception for Chick-fil-a.
So, it begs the question....
After it's cold, is it worth reheating?
In most cases, we think so.
Feel free to stick it in your microwave if you'd like, but there are some options we think end with a more delicious result.
Which Ingredients to Take Out Before Reheating
Yes, you could easily keep the sandwich fully intact and nuke it for 30 seconds.
The downsides to this...
- The bread will remain soggy
- The ingredients that were meant to be cold, will be hot.
For many, this will suffice.
But since you've taken the time to find this article, maybe you're looking for some better ways of bringing that Chick-fil-a sandwich back to life.
Here's what we recommend removing before reheating.
Pickles and lettuce
Pickles and lettuce tend to get warm and unappealing when reheated, so it's best to leave them out. If you have fresh pickles or lettuce at home, replacing them is an option as well.
However, Chick-fil-a sources some pretty fantastic pickles so we recommend keeping the sandwich ingredients the same.
The bun can get significantly soggy when reheated (unless done in the oven), so you'll want to leave it out during the heating process. We recommend re-toasting in the toaster oven.
If you only have a toaster. make sure you scrape all the sauce off before toasting.
Thirdly, the sauce (optional)
If possible, scrape some of the sauce off before reheating. We realize that this might be overkill but worth it for those who are truly trying to recreate the sandwich.
You're welcome to reapply the sauce or add some from your own arsenal.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Microwave
Option 1: The Quick and Dirty
Simply place the sandwich on a microwavable plate and heat it for 10-15 second increments until the desired temperature is reached.
Option 2: The Semi-Quick and Dirty
Take all the ingredients out listed above and nuke the chicken for 10-15 second increments until desired temperature is reached.
Toast the bread in a toaster oven (sauce side of the bun up). Reapply ingredients and enjoy. If using a toaster, scrape the sauce off thoroughly before toasting.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Oven (or Toaster Oven)
The first step is to preheat your oven to 350°F. Take all the ingredients off listed above BESIDES THE BUN and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Reapply ingredients and enjoy!
For toaster oven
If you want to reheat a Chick-fil-a sandwich in the toaster oven, you will need to do so for a shorter amount of time than the oven.
1) Preheat your toaster oven to 350° F.
2) Then take all items off the sanwich besides the chicken and the bread.
3) Place the sandwich on the middle rack and heat for around ~6 minutes.
4) Reapply ingredients and enjoy!
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in a Skillet
A quick sear can add some serious flavor back to the chicken.
1) Take all ingredients off of the chicken
2) Heat up a pan using medium heat
3) Add some butter or your favorite oil
4) Sear the chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side. Place the your bun (open face down) on the pan beside the chicken to crisp it back up.
5) Reapply all ingredients and enjoy!
If you have a lid, this will help your sandwich warm quicker and more thoroughly. Flip a few times until heated through.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in an Air Fryer
An air fryer is a quick and easy way of reheating your chick-fil-a chicken without nuking it.
1) Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
2) Take all ingredients of of the chicken
3) Air fry chicken for 5-7 minutes
4) Re-toast bread in the toaster oven (or toaster as long as you take the sauce off).
5) Reassemble sandwich and enjoy!
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Panini Press
Reheating Chick-fil-A sandwiches in a Panini press is one of the best ways to do it.
It also requires the least amount of work (second to that of the microwave).
1) Turn on the panini press and put on medium heat (if you have temperature control.)
2) Spray or apply cooking oil to both sides of the panini press.
3) Once up to temperature, cook the chick-fil-a sandwich (whole) 3-4 minutes, or until temperature is to your liking.
When the sandwich is done, you can serve it immediately. Enjoy!
How to Store a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
When you are not eating your Chick-Fil-A sandwich, it is essential to store it in a safe and sanitary way. Here are a few tips for storing your sandwich:
1. Place the sandwich in a sealed container or bag.
2. Store the sandwich in the fridge.
3. Eat the sandwich within 24 hours.
Reheating Chick-Fil-A sandwiches is a breeze, and you can do it in various ways.
We've outlined the best methods for reheating your sandwich so that you can have a delicious and crispy meal every time.
You should always store your chick-fil-a sandwich in a sealed container or bag in the fridge. If you don't eat it within 24 hours, freeze it for later. Then, when you're ready to eat it, thaw it out overnight in the fridge and enjoy!
Founder of Robust Kitchen