I have great news for you. These low-carb lemon poppyseed muffins are EVEN BETTER than their unhealthier counterpart. After experimenting with different low-carb muffin recipes, I have finally discovered the perfect combination of ingredients.
I also love this recipe because it does not call for a large amount of almond flour (as many other keto baking recipes do) which can get really expensive! You can now indulge in something delicious, without the guilt. I love how these are perfectly moist, lemony, and not overly sweet.
A perfect quick snack to have on the go, or to be enjoyed on a slow morning with a hot cup of coffee. You will be sure to enjoy this awesome recipe time and time again.
Yields: 8 muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare your muffin tin by greasing or lining with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, mix coconut flour and almond flour, sweetener, poppy (or chia) seeds, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and lemon zest.
3. In a separate bowl, crack your eggs and beat with an electric mixer on high for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Then beat in sour cream, butter (or oil), and vanilla extract. Add your wet mixture to your dry mixture, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Add in the cream and mix well. Pour into prepared muffin tin. Fill each muffin ¾ full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. The tops should brown nicely. Allow to cool and serve. Keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Please feel free to comment or ask any questions below.
Cheers & Eat Well,