A recipe for creamy, low-carb and sugar-free eggnog for the holiday season.
Whenever wintertime comes around, when the days grow shorter and I spend more time keeping cozy indoors, a hearty eggnog always comes to mind. Since my Keto journey started this past year, I decided to try and make Keto-friendly eggnog,
because I really didn't want to miss out on this favorite of mine. I’ve experimented with a few recipes, and am excited to share my favorite with you!
Enjoy a healthier version of your favorite holiday drink.
I'm going to help you make a quick and easy, yet totally satisfying drink to make the season brighter. This is a great recipe to make at home for yourself, or to share at a gathering. Your friends might not even know it's low-carb and sugar-free!
Booze can be added or left out, the choice is yours. It can be added to each individual cup, or to the whole batch.
This recipe can easily be halved, or doubled.
Keto Eggnog Recipe
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg (fresh - see note)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup powdered or granule Erythritol sweetener (depending on taste)
- 4 large eggs
- Bourbon, rum, or vodka of choice (optional)
- First thing to do is separate the eggs whites from the yolks. Whisk the 4 eggs yolks well, and set aside egg whites.
- Add the almond milk, heavy cream, sweetener, and beaten egg yolks to a saucepan; whisk together.
- Heat on medium-low heat until your liquid reaches 160*F (hot, but not enough to simmer). It is important to consistently whisk for the next 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon, and continue whisking for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once completely cooled, eggnog should set in fridge (covered) for at least a few hours, or overnight.
Remove from fridge and whisk well. If adding alcohol, mix it into the batch now, or add individually to each glass, depending on each persons preference. You can add one shot per person, or go crazy and add 2 or 3!
If you want a smoother eggnog, you can strain it through cheese cloth or a nut milk bag before serving.
Garnish with some freshly ground nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, or whipped egg whites, and serve.
Enjoy. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.
Cheers & Eat Well,