This recipe is a simple yet delicious addition to any savory dish. With a nice spicy kick and enough garlic to ward off any unwanted attention, these are a favorite in my house. Serve these garlic fried tomatoes with some grilled fish, rice, eggs, bread or any side dish you fancy. I find myself eating them all on their own.
*Tip: Since these cook pretty quick, keep on eye on them and make sure to adjust the cooking time/temp based upon the softness of the tomatoes. A softer tomato usually cooks better at a higher temp for a shorter time.
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
What You'll Need
1. Mix garlic, chili, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut the tops and ends off the tomatoes. Cut vertically into ⅔" thick slices.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the tomato slices to a hot pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Turn slices over, season again with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the garlic mixture. Press mixture into tomatoes so it stays put. Cook another minute or so, shaking the pan occasionally, then turn the slices over and cook an additional 30 seconds, until soft, but not mushy.
5. Turn tomatoes over onto a serving plate, and pour over the juices from the pan. Serve immediately. You can accompany them with bread, eggs, fish, or serve them alone. They make a delicious addition to any dish.
I have faith this super easy dish will become a household staple once you try it. Who doesn't love a good dose of fresh tomato, garlic, and hot chili?
Cheers and Eat Well,