I have tested dozens of banana bread recipes over the years, and this is the one that I can truly stand behind. With the added chocolate and walnuts, this banana bread is a true crowd-pleaser. It's very simple to make, and provides a delicious treat for you and your loved ones to enjoy throughout the week (I promise, it won't last that long!)
This is truly the most PERFECT banana bread recipe EVER!
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hr. 20 min.
What You'll Need:
1) Preheat your oven to 335°F (170°C).
2) In a large bowl, beat the egg, and mash the bananas down well with a fork.
3) Continue adding ingredients, one by one, until everything is incorporated. You can use a handheld blender, or simply mix everything well with a wooden spoon.
4) When you have a nice thick batter, fold in any add-ins and mix throughout.
5) Add your batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan (or similar size). It can also be split between 2 smaller loaf pans for mini-loaves (share the love with a friend or neighbor!) If you decide to use smaller loaf pans, reduce the oven temperature by 25° and baking time by 15 minutes.
**Personally, I line my pan with parchment paper for easy release and clean-up.
6) Bake your bread for 1 hour. Once it's finished, check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center, and make sure it comes out clean.
7) Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm and enjoy.
8) I'm sure your loaf won't last long, but to regain maximum freshness, keep it in an airtight container or bag and finish within a 4 day period.
It can also be kept in the fridge and will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Reheat it in your toaster or oven, and top with some butter. Nothing is better.
Treat yourself to the simple pleasures in life. Once you try this recipe and realize it's perfection, you'll make it over and over.
Cheers & Eat Well,